The Author Guideline of Bantenese : Journal Pengabdian Masyarakat
Bantenese Journal Pengabdian Masyarakat, with registered number ISSN 2656-1840 (online) is a scientific on legal discipline journal published by Universitas Serang Raya. Bantenese journal is a scientific publication in the field of community service and empowerment managed by the Center for Social Studies and Community Service (PS2PM) Faculty of Social Sciences, Political Science and Law, Serang Raya University in the field of community service and empowerment with the scope of fields: Human development and competitiveness nation, poverty alleviation based on local resources, management of rural and coastal areas with local wisdom, local and national economic development, sociopreuner, creative industries, and SMEs, social and culture and social harmony. Published twice a year, namely in January-June and July-December.
2. How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the centre text alignment. Meanwhile, the author name (without an academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author should be written with the centre text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give one line spaces between the title and the author name. Then, the space between the author affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon maximally three to five words.
The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author names should be written down separated by a comma (,). If the author name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version, it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing.
3. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Bantenese : Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. The template and the guidelines of the article writing are available and Letter of Authentic Manuscript
- The manuscript online submission can be viewed in the part of online submission guidelines below.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with the Bantenese : Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author address, (d) the author email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the method (h), the results and discussion (i), the conclusion (j), the references.
- The subtitles are written in the bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without an underline. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, It should use the left text alignment The manuscript should consist of six (6) to fifthteen (15) pages including pictures and tables. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template in the camera ready mode. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 30 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 30 mm and top 30 mm.
- The text of the articles must be in Palatino Type, 11pt font size, 1.5 line-spacing, separated into two columns (except for the main title, the author name, and the abstract) with the space between columns 10 mm.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. For the article in Bahasa Indonesia, foreign terms or words should be avoided. Each paragraph started 10mm from the left side border while there are no spaces among paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the centre between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the centre of a page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi-interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in the capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, 14pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the centre text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 300 words maximum and followed by with three to five keywords.
Introduction: the introduction section explains what the purpose of community service is, complete with references and previous community service activities. In the introduction, it is also written what the problems faced by partners are and what is the current condition of the object of community service
Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. Texplain how community service methods and references are used. In this method section, a measurable description of the success rate of community service is described
Discussion and Result: In this section, explain how the implementation of community service activities, responses and conditions, tell how the ease and obstacles and challenges of community service. In essence, the problem must be answered in this section.
Conclusion: Give a conclusion about community service activities. and what are the impacts obtained from the activities as well as recommendations that can be given to the local community
References: All the references that used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 60% from all the references) that published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references.
5. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, End Note, or Zotero. The writing format that used in Bantenese : Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat follows the format applied by Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition (Full Note).
6. The Guidelines for the Literature Reviews
The literature reviews should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, End Note, or Zotero. The writing format that used in Bantenese : Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat follows the format applied by Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition (Full Note).
7. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems ( the submitted second procedure is more preferable):
- The document submit by Online Submission System.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer.
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click in New Submission. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the Start column, chose Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
- In the Upload Submission Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the Enter Metadata columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
- In the Upload Supplementary Files columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the Confirmation columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click Finish Submission.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact Bantenese Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat editorial team at email@example.com